Menu

Omnibus teacher CD... Should I print out the whole thing?

One year I had Office Max do the printing, and then I three-hold punched the sheets and put them in a three-ring binder.

The next year I just printed the sheets out at home as we did the book.

I never could figure out why VP didn't just print out a regular teacher's manual. Granted, it probably would have to be two larger books (i.e., one for first semester and one for second semester) instead of one book, but I don't like to read things on my computer screen! You pay extra for the TM anyway; if they wanted to charge even more, I would have paid them more for the privilege of a bound book.

I think there were only a couple of aids on the TM CD that I found to be necessary on CD-ROM format; the one I specifically remember was the grade calculator at the end. Even that I didn't use, because we didn't do every book.

I'm wondering if I should take it into Kinkos and print out a nice spiral-bound TM for myself. I wonder what that would cost.

Beth, if you decide to have it printed at Kinkos, would you post the approximate cost on this thread? I realize that the price would vary by location, but it would give me an idea. It would be nice to be able to plan for this cost in advance.

Thanks!

Jetta

We don't do all of the books, so I just print out the teacher's pages for the books we are doing. I do this as part of my Sunday night preparation for the coming week's schedule.

If we were doing most of the book, then I would go to Kinko's and get it printed. I'm thinking about doing this for Omnibus II next year. However, I would just have Kinko's print it out for me, and I would punch it with my Circa punch and make it into a Circa notebook.

HTH!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this post! Sounds silly but the TM is why we bogged down on Omni II this fall. Our computers are upstairs and we do the bulk of our h.s. downstairs. It gets really disruptive.

This is definilty a "Can't see the forest for the trees" moment in my life. Anyway, thanks for the clarity!! We are back on track.