Menu

Is it hokey to wear color-coordinated shirts for a family picture?

This was last year's family picture, I guess I did coordinate a couple of them, I didn't think I did. Actually one of my favorite pictures of my older kids was done on school picture day, dd was wearing neon colours, ds was wearing bright blue, we had it done in black and white because of this and it turned our beautiful.

Come on, you can tell me (gently!).

I like it when we can coordinate the colors of our clothing for our family picture. The easiest way is to buy cheapie t-shirts in the right size for each person and just go for it, and some of my favorite family pictures have been casual ones taken this way. (I tried to attach a sample, but...?)

What do you think? Hokey, or not?

ETA: It worked! I added the picture! This picture is from probably about 5 years ago, so all of my guys are bigger now.

Your family is lovely, Julie. :001_smile:

But... you did ask... and, I do think it's hokey when I get those christmas pics with everyone in the same shirts or same colour. Aside from that, it makes everyone kind of blend into each other. I like colour-coordinated, just not all the same. I like to be able to pick out each person and see a spark of their individuality.

I like it if everyone's in the same color, but not usually if girls are in one color and boys in another.

ETA: You have to understand though, that I let my kids pick their own clothes for pictures...so we never come anywhere near to matching. I love looking back at them in the clothes they have picked and remembering how they acted and what they were like at that age.

Edited by chaik76