Menu

Common App: Homeschool address when you've moved

Kalmia

We are having trouble deciding which address to use for when I homeschooled our daughter for three quarters of a year sophomore year. Do I use the address where we lived when we homeschooled or our current address where she has always attended brick and mortar school? Thanks!

Are both addresses in the same state?  If so, I'd use your current address without explanation.

If they are not, I would still use your current address with a note that at the time you were homeschooling, you were living in [state name] and complying with its laws.  The reason I would use the current address is that it is where the administration of the homeschool can be found right now.  If a b&m school were to move halfway through a student's tenure there, the current address would be on the transcript.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kalmia said:

We are having trouble deciding which address to use for when I homeschooled our daughter for three quarters of a year sophomore year. Do I use the address where we lived when we homeschooled or our current address where she has always attended brick and mortar school? Thanks!

For the student's address, you should use where she lives now.

For the address of the homeschool, I would list where it was done. In the Common App it would go into the section for Other Secondary/High Schools. Search by school name, then scroll down to Homeschooled. You only have to enter the State and Zip code. The street address and city are not required (those fields don't have a red asterisks).

• Like 1