Menu

Is this a close contact? Should we test?

Syllieann

My son played outside with his friend for about an hour on Wednesday evening.  They played a game where they were about ten feet apart for the first half hour or so.  Then they rode bikes for the other half hour, so probably 6-10 feet apart outdoors without masks.  There were a few times they would come less than 6 feet, but I think in total it was under 15 minutes.  I'm just not sure though.  It could be 5 minutes at 2 feet and 5 minutes at 5 feet or something like that.

Friend's Pfizer-vaxed mom developed symptoms Thursday night and tested positive on Friday morning.  (DS was never around the mom.)  Friend woke up with symptoms this morning (Sunday).

I think it's not technically close contact since it was less than 15 minutes under 6 feet, but would you test him?  If so, on which day?

Eta:  I found on the cdc site that "close contacts" are those within 48 hours of symptom onset.  So we are ok I think?  But maybe we should still test?

Edited by Syllieann

I don’t think you *have* to test, and he’s probably in the clear and just fine, but I might do a Binax at home test on Days 3 and 5 or so. For my peace of mind. Obviously, if he develops symptoms that would change things.

I hope his friend’s mom is ok, and friend, too!

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Spryte said:

I don’t think you *have* to test, and he’s probably in the clear and just fine, but I might do a Binax at home test on Days 3 and 5 or so. For my peace of mind. Obviously, if he develops symptoms that would change things.

I hope his friend’s mom is ok, and friend, too!

Thanks!  The mom is already on the mend, but friend is pretty sick.  Probably just a few weeks shy of being vaccinated too, boo.

• Sad 7