Menu

I took my 13 yo to the hair salaon for the first time yesterday

Tell your daughter thank you for thinking to donate her hair. My niece, while she didn't use a wig, had leukemia when she was 3 and lost all her hair. I know that had she been older she would have loved to have a wig.

I'm sure that the loss of hair was quite a shock for your poor dh. Please do the before and after picures. I'm sure that she looks adorable!!! :)

How sweet of her. Does she like her new hair style? I want my dd to grow her hair long but she won't let me pull the front back off her face so my hairdress trims her bangs whenever she goes in. my only baby girl and she won't wear a bow or barrett...sigh

While I understand your dh's shock completely as it was unexpected and it's his little girl, my overall attitude about hair, and I'll be the first to admit it's probably in the minority, is that it's only hair. It grows back. Of course, I love to grow my hair very long and cut it off very short in one cut without warning anyone first just for the effect. And it always feels so good to get all that weight off and have it so easy to care for. Plus, she did it for a good cause.

btw, I do plan to tell my kids when I cut my hair next, though, because children get so used to seeing their mother a certain way--I'm not totally void of understanding;).