Menu

Vegetarian meals (less pasta, more beans)

Amethyst

33 minutes ago, Mrskitty76 said:

Maybe make your own hummus! 

Great suggestion. I do make my own hummus. So much better than any store-bought hummus I’ve tried. We do this for lunches rather than dinners generally. 

This makes me realize I should have started off by saying what some of my non-pasta meals that I frequently make are. So here goes:

Black bean burritos

Lentil Tacos

Spicy black beans and rice

Frittata (I make mine with zucchini, red pepper, and goat cheese)

Cauliflower sformato

Quinoa and beans (uses pinto, great northern, and black beans. There’s also some red peppers and corn in there)

Stuffed peppers (I use packaged veggie crumbles, black beans, brown and wild rice, and feta)

Also, dh makes an awesome tofu stir fry occasionally

Edited by Amethyst

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, BaseballandHockey said:

When we weren't nut free, we really like egg roll bowls with edamame and cashews, side of peanut noodles, or fried cauliflower (like fried rice, I do 50/50 but all cauliflower would probably be good) with eggs if you want more protein.

@BaseballandHockey I just wanted to let you know that I made an eggroll bowl for lunch today and it was a hit. I found a recipe on Pinterest, but now that I’ve done it, I can see how easy it is to throw together. So thanks for the suggestion!

@AmethystI make this Israeli Falafel recipe often and it is my family's favorite version. I sprout the chickpeas for a few days and use the sprouts in my recipes so they are more easily digestible and nutritious. I also add 3/4th cup of cilantro to the parsley because we love the taste and that is the only modification that I make. This recipe can be made into patties and used as a veggie burger. I usually make a large batch and freeze the extra falafels (if there are any left) and warm them up in my toaster oven for a snack.

I am vegan+low carb - so, I make a falafel bowl for myself with tahini, arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, pickled beets, carrots and onions. The rest of my family likes to make a falafel wrap with lavash bread that I get from Trade Joe's.

https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/falafel/

Edited by mathnerd
  • Thanks 1