Menu

If you have Curiosity Stream, do you like it?

We have really liked the History Channel before, and we get their old documentaries on dvd from the library regularly. We have no other cable or streaming subscriptions because we're cheap. 😁  I'm thinking of buying a subscription as a birthday treat. Do you think we'd like Curiosity Stream? 

We really enjoyed it for a year. We hadn't been a family that regularly scheduled movie nights, but during our pandemic year, we watched a documentary every week. Curiosity Stream was perfect for us because it was a separate platform. There were no distracting cartoons being advertised while we were picking out what documentary we wanted to watch. 🙂 That was a real plus for us.  Around the time it renewed (of course), we kinda ran out of things that my kids wanted to watch (but they are 2-7, there was plenty more).

I got our subscription on a sale that made it something like $12 for the year. It looks like they may be doing the same sale now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listening in. I have a goal of one documentary a week but actually finding them across the various platforms has been challenging for me. For example, I was trying to find the NOVA one about peregrine falcons and it took more doing than I thought possible. I did in the end but i was surprised how hard it was, maybe it’s just me. Even now i can’t find all NOVA episodes listed and available in one platform 

• Like 1