Menu

Need a long-term, residential, therapeutic school (x-post)

(X-post from Gen Ed board)

This is something only a small fraction of this board might have any experience with, but I thought I’d throw it out there. I’m helping a family who needs a referral for a good long-term (6 months+) residential treatment program or therapeutic school for a super bright student struggling with mental illness.

I’m open to referrals to an educational consultant who specializes in this very niche market, too. 

The student has been in a few treatment settings since January, but none are more than 2-6 weeks long and it’s becoming clear that both student and family will need something longer term. They are not capable of intense academics right now, but do need to finish high school. They are turning 17 soon, and live in the PNW, but the family would consider any high-quality program that meets their needs and is at least partially covered by their health insurance, regardless of location. 

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to share.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cintinative said:

@fourisenough  Edited.

A friend sent her daughter to inpatient/school and she said:

I would recommend they reach out to Ben Moore at stratus consulting. He is fantastic and helped us with placement.

https://www.stratasconsultinggroup.com

Wow, I had no idea this was even a field of consulting! I never would have thought of this as a potential career path. I feel like I've been learning so much recently about exactly how many different types of jobs there are in the world 😄 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

I would definitely recommend using a therapeutic IEC specializing in this area. These schools can have really different feels and getting the right fit is important.

Can you give me a link or an idea where I could find someone with the right credentials?