Menu

Removing stains from Silicone Baking Mats

mathnerd

I switched from parchment paper to Silicone during the pandemic as there was a shortage of parchment paper locally. I have been baking some oily, tomato and turmeric based things on the Silicone Mats and any amount of washing in warm water with soap is not making the stains go away. Any recommended ways of taking them back to their original coloring? Can I use vinegar or baking soda without harming the silicone coating? I remember reading that altering the ph of the surface might degrade the coating, so I am not sure if that is the right thing to do. Please help!

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, KungFuPanda said:

I was unable to keep mine looking pristine, but they continue to work well so I overlook the stains.

I put them on the top rack of my dishwasher (rolled them first before placing them there) and I ran them through the heavy cycle twice and they look almost pristine though I can still see very faint coloring. I googled this before trying and the dishwasher cycle will not damage them, apparently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1