Menu

got Covid tested for first time

ktgrok

I've had a borderline sinus infection this week, and I'm mostly sure it is secondary to allergies (die trees! die!). But, a friend reminded me that CDC still advises testing. And I thought about it, and if I had pregnancy symptoms I'd test, even if I was using birth control, so same with this, lol. 

Went to County testing site - drive up. I pre-registered at home, but if you don't you can scan a QR code in the parking lot to get to the website and register in line. I put in my health insurance info, but you don't have to, and it is free even without insurance. After registering you get an email with a bar code that they scan when you pull up. There was one car in front of me but they pulled away as I pulled up, no wait at all. The person that scanned my code gave me a package of 5 free disposable masks 🙂  and info on how to access my results, and another page describing the types of testing available. 

Then the next person I stopped at asked what test I wanted - antigen or PCR or both. I said both. 

The next person was the nurse. She had me verify my birth date, then asked me to keep my mask on, but pull it below my nose. She was masked with a face shield, and gloved. She did the rapid test first - rubbed in the nostrils for 5 seconds in each nostril. Not deep, not uncomfortable. Then she did the PCR deep dive one. I advised her that my right side is probably best as I have a deviated septum - both sides but one is worse. She verified which one, then did it. That was unpleasant, but manageable given I'm an adult. I'd hate to have a kid do that. I'd buy them ice cream after at least, lol. 

I had a text with the link to my rapid results by the time I pulled into my driveway at home. Negative. It said clearly on there that a PCR is advised for follow up. I'll have PCR results in 48 hours, supposedly. 

They were also doing vaccines, in different lanes - maybe a few cars in each lane so tiny wait but not much. 

Then I got lost trying to leave the place (county park - a really big one) and ended up in a dead end, and then coming out some back entrance in a neighborhood, lol. That was the hardest part - finding my way home!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, JFSinIL said:

Hey, you deserve ice cream too!

Just now, Catwoman said:

Another vote that you deserve ice cream!

So...there may have been some gluten free oreos consumed, lol. Not that I'm admitting to that....or to sitting here researching curriculum and looking up snark on the Duggar family rather than cleaning up the mess my 4 yr old made while I was gone. (dad was with her....but he was working and she's industrious)

• Like 5