Menu

Need new refridgerator that isn't pricey

Alicia64

Our freezer is tanking. The fridge-part seems fine. Here's the thing: we rent from the best landlord on the planet. In six years he's never raised our rent.

So we'll buy our fridge/freezer for the house.

I'm pretty certain that when we leave here, he'll sell the house. He lives in like a mansion, doubt he'll come back here.

Any ideas for a relatively inexpensive fridge?

TIA!!!

I would let the landlord know. Seriously. If you've been a good renter, and the frig came with the rental, he should replace it.  He may not sell the house when you leave, and if he doesn't, he may not be happy with the replacement frig you purchased. Contact him, let him know. 

• Like 2

We had a similar issue in a rental.  The landlord wanted to send out a tech to look at the fridge and see if it could be fixed.  It was his preference to do that.  It was his fridge, and we did not have the right to make a decision not to have it checked out (at his expense).  It ended up that it would be expensive to fix and he decided to replace it.  He wanted to pick out the fridge that he wanted so that it had the correct "look" when he went to sell the house.  He did not want to be stuck with disposing of a fridge that we had picked out--that was a liabiity, not a help, to him.  

• Like 2

Okay! Great advice, guys! I love WTM.

The funny thing is that the refrigerator part works fine. And the freezer is even making ice cubes. But the stuff in it isn't frozen to the right temp: ice cream is soft, frozen pizza is soft etc.

Dh -- who is handy -- is going to look at it this weekend and see if he can fix it.

If not, I'll let our sweet landlord know.

Thank you!!                p.s. I wonder how people make it without a WTM in their lives?