Menu

a minor opening up an etsy store

ProudGrandma

this is a spin off my previous etsy thread.

My 16 year old son wants to open up an etsy store, but since he is 16 and not 18 it's not as easy as we thought.  According to the "handbook" a minor has to use an adult bank account to link his store to.  Well, he opened a checking account just for this purpose (his business) and both me and his dad are on the account too.  But I can't seem to reach anybody to see if that is 'good enough".  I did the online chat and the person I spoke to say they can't help me and sent my information to another department and that department was supposed to contact me.  Well, it's been 3 days...and nothing.  I am wondering if I need to open another account just for this...but it seems so silly to buy more checks just for this account that will only be needed for 2 years...actually 1 1/2 years. 

So, does anybody here have any experience in this and can help me? 

Thanks.  

My daughter opened an Etsy but we liked it to my account. Sorry, I’m no help. I wold assume it’s okay because your sons account is linked to an adult account - you’re on the account and you’re an adult. The fact that he may be the primary and you the secondary doesn’t make it less relevant that an adult is on the account as required, IMO.