Menu

Covid information resource - evidence based

wathe

I've only just discovered that UpTpDate has made all their Covid-19 content accessible to all, for free, without a subscription.

This is a clinical information resource used by medical professionals (and subscriptions are expensive!).  The information is high quality and recommendations are as evidenced based as possible.  I think WTMers will find it useful.   (It's written for professionals, so their is quite a lot of jargon.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

The Management in Hospitalized Adults discusses most of the treatments you hear about in the media, with recommendations  and references.  Digest:  dexamethasone for patients sick enough to need oxygen has good evidence to support it.  The rest, the jury is still out.  Some (HCQ) have evidence against use, and some evidence suggesting harm.

The Outpatient Evaluation and Management article it helpful for knowing when to worry.

Edited by wathe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, wathe said:

The Management in Hospitalized Adults discusses most of the treatments you hear about in the media, with recommendations  and references.  Digest:  dexamethasone for patients sick enough to need oxygen has good evidence to support it.  The rest, the jury is still out.  Some (HCQ) have evidence against use, and some evidence suggesting harm.

The Outpatient Evaluation and Management article it helpful for knowing when to worry.

The outpatient evaluation and management article was the one that struck me as terribly useful for families. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve agonized over whether to take one kid to the ER, when pulse ox readings were low (not Covid, but we’ve had many rounds of pneumonia over the years).  I tend to err on the side of not going in. Not sure that’s the best route, should Covid be in the picture, so just setting some criteria up ahead of time, to take the agonizing out of it, seems like a good plan.