Menu

Nail wrap thingies recommendations

Murphy101

I used to have long lovely nails and there for a while I paid for professional manicures bc I think I’m mentally challenged when it comes to doing my own nails. but about a year ago I stopped the extra expense and now there’s Covid  and now I have ragged short ugly nails.

So anyways...

I have a friend telling me about Color street ones. But I’m not seeing much selection on colors/styles. 

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Also, I’m thinking my girls would love some in their stockings. So recommendations of coffee, art, or Potter themed ones for short nails would be welcome too 

17 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I used to have long lovely nails and there for a while I paid for professional manicures bc I think I’m mentally challenged when it comes to doing my own nails. but about a year ago I stopped the extra expense and now there’s Covid  and now I have ragged short ugly nails.

So anyways...

I have a friend telling me about Color street ones. But I’m not seeing much selection on colors/styles. 

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Also, I’m thinking my girls would love some in their stockings. So recommendations of coffee, art, or Potter themed ones for short nails would be welcome too 

Full disclosure, I sell ColorStreet. Mostly for the discount because I was spending a lot of money on them.

Selection is pretty good now that they are back at full production. The factories closed some during Covid bringing down selection.  They look okay on short nails. My one caveat is that you really need to take them off with nail polish remover because I’ve found that if they start chipping, it thins your nails. I’ve been told that’s a problem with any of those types of nail strips but I honestly don’t know. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Full disclosure, I sell ColorStreet. Mostly for the discount because I was spending a lot of money on them.

Selection is pretty good now that they are back at full production. The factories closed some during Covid bringing down selection.  They look okay on short nails. My one caveat is that you really need to take them off with nail polish remover because I’ve found that if they start chipping, it thins your nails. I’ve been told that’s a problem with any of those types of nail strips but I honestly don’t know. 

I’m literally looking at color street less than an hour ago and didn’t think there was much selection.  But I guess I don’t know how much selection their competition has so maybe they do have lots in comparison. 🤷‍♀️

24 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I’m literally looking at color street less than an hour ago and didn’t think there was much selection.  But I guess I don’t know how much selection their competition has so maybe they do have lots in comparison. 🤷‍♀️

I haven’t tried Jamberry so I don’t know—heating my nails is too complicated. I’ve also tried Lilly and Fox, but this review basically says what I thought. https://bellatory.com/makeup/Battle-of-the-Nail-Polish-Strips-Color-Street-vs-Lily-and-Fox.  They are much cheaper than Color Street though.

I think both companies have around the same selection of nails.   Walmart and Target sell similar ones, but the Walmart here is small and doesn’t carry a lot of anything.  I am actually going to try imPress manicure nails from Target; I’ve seen good reviews on those.