Menu

Mount Laundry!

You sort then fold?

My husband does this, too, and I still don't get it. ;)

He'll go through an entire basket of laundry sorting into piles. Then he will start over, folding and stacking each separate pile.

I contend that he spends twice as much time as necessary. Why not sort into piles as you fold?

Is this one of those issues like the over/under TP thing? :D

You sort then fold?

He'll go through an entire basket of laundry sorting into piles. Then he will start over, folding and stacking each separate pile.

I contend that he spends twice as much time as necessary. Why not sort into piles as you fold?

Now that the dc are old enough to fold their own laundry- we sort it into piles for each person, and they are each responsible for folding and putting away their own. :D It is so much faster and easier this way!!

You sort then fold?

TP over, fold as you sort. Need me to settle anything else for you ;)?

I fold. But we have two laundry "brownies" in our house. They like to slip by their mama and grab a garment and run to put it away. The goal is to get all the folded items put away before I can get more things folded. It makes laundry exciting! Every now and then for extra excitement I try to catch a brownie!

LOL! This reminds me of the 'clean the house game' I devised when my guys were younger.

We were standing in some terribly long line one afternoon when I made up the rules.

I would make a list of all the simple chores that needed to be done.

Both boys would start at some given point in the house and when I said "GO" they'd race to the list, pick a chore, do it as well as they could then race back to the list and write their first initial next to the chore. Then they would choose another thing from the list, and so on. Once all the items were finished and initialed, the boy with the most completed chores won the game.

Standing in line that day I explained how we would play, and it wasn't long before I heard a little girl behind us whisper, "Mom, when we get home, can we play the clean the house game?" :)

My boys always loved it.