Menu

How would you handle this situation?

hjffkj

Just now, happysmileylady said:

Well couldn't person in the potty have been.....just a person who got up to potty?

There are two bathrooms upstairs that they can access from their bedroom.  They never use the downstairs bathroom at night.  That would be as odd of a behavior as a kid sneaking downstairs to watch youtube.

Are you sure the bathroom light was out when you all went to bed for the night? My 6 year old will sometimes use the bathroom downstairs and leave the light on, especially at night. Particularly if he’s in a rush to go upstairs for bedtime with the rest of the family, he forgets to turn it off!

If you no longer suspect your own kids and the neighbor's kid has done this sort of thing before, then maybe it was the neighbor kid. You said one of your doors was unlocked last night, right? She could have walked in, turned on the tv, used the bathroom, and then left when she heard your husband up with the dogs.

I would make sure everything is locked up tight every night and probably get a Ring doorbell camera, so you could see if the kid tries this again. 

Edited to add: And lock your cars, too. If her thing is to wander around and make herself at home in unlocked houses, at some point she may decide that joy-riding is fun to try.

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, bensonduck said:

Are you sure the bathroom light was out when you all went to bed for the night? My 6 year old will sometimes use the bathroom downstairs and leave the light on, especially at night. Particularly if he’s in a rush to go upstairs for bedtime with the rest of the family, he forgets to turn it off!

yes, my routine is to go through the house and turn all but one light off before going into my room. last night was no different. I have OCD. If for some reason I can't do it I will ask dh multiple times if he did