Menu

stationery supplies for on the go living....

prairiewindmomma

I wasn't sure where to put this thread.  Originally I was going to put it in the Education forum and title it Roadschooling, but I realized that a lot of people have retired out of homeschooling and are still living on-the-go lives moving between houses, taking extended trips, etc.

We are back in our home after the wildfire evacuation.  While I'd like to call that a one-and-done, in recalling the past decade or so, there has at some point every year been a time when due to relocations, health crises (in our family, or extended family), or natural disasters, we've had to pick up on the spur of the moment and head out for a period of time with schoolbooks.  Ds is in a public school charter (and thus can't just take time off) and our other kids thrive on daily routine. In fact, doing school in a hotel room was one of the few things to look forward to daily since we were fairly locked down due to covid. 

I need to lighten our packing load.  Our kids use Jansport XL backpacks, and as our kids have gotten older, we're having to carry more gear.  We had a protractor snap this past trip because it couldn't fit into the plastic school supply box. I'm willing to pay for quality at this point, but not for bad quality items.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand on these items?: 

1. Japanese style pen scissors

2. Mini colored pencils--I bought a set of Jolly brand pencils in Austria where 12 pencils fit into a plastic sleeve the size of a post it note--amazing!---can't find those anywhere---and I need a few sets

3. foldable ruler--highly accurate, measuring to at least 12" and 30cm, and very compact

4. metal protractor 

I have a ton of other things fitting into the Spacemaker boxes--pencils, sharpeners, highlighters, post-its, calculator, tape, etc. so space is at a premium.

Also, if anyone has a fantastic portable printer, I'd love to hear about it.  I saw one a few years ago that folded to about half of the size of a laptop....would love to buy an efficient printer.

Thanks!