Menu

Text Book Correction needed?

Thank you, Kiara.  If there is a correction needed, I don't see one.  I have copyright 2017 of the Core Instructor Text and I don't see a correction for the page I'm having issues on.  It's page 15 and the 2nd Instructor dialog that is posing a question.  It doesn't follow the student red book.  I was thinking I'd find a correction but I don't see one.

Poking my head in here to say that we are always happy to note corrections to our materials, even as we are sorry that they are needed.  We are a little behind at the moment, but we do upload the corrections as quickly as we can--it's just a busy ordering season at the moment.

If you go to this page:  https://welltrainedmind.com/corrections/?v=7516fd43adaa you will find a link to send corrections (or requests for clarifications) to our editor.  It is super helpful if you will do this, as we don't generally patrol the forums so we will likely miss any requests/questions that are listed here.  

Thank you!

Thank you Helpdesk for your response.  That IS my question.   This page in Lesson 7 of the Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind is not making sense.   I'm wondering if something needs to be corrected.  This is what I am looking for.  Help!  I need to teach the class on Tuesday 8/25 and this info doesn't make sense. 

Hi, Mrs. T--

Page 7 has a lot of text on it!  It will be most helpful in getting your answer to you if you will email it to the customer service team at  support@welltrainedmind.com, and let us know a little more detail about the sticking point.  (Something like, "Toward the bottom of the page, the Instructor says 'What kind of muffin...'  I don't understand _____? Does this need correction or can you give me other words to explain it?"). This will get your question to the right person who can give a response.  It might even be me!  But if I need help to answer the question, it will be in a format that my colleagues can also see.  Thank you!

--Helpdesk

--Helpdesk,  

Please read my comment carefully: " This page in Lesson 7 (not page 7) of the Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind is not making sense.    To be specific, page 15 and after the 2nd Instructor dialog, the 3rd & 4th sentence read:  Look at Exercise 7A now.  In the second column of sentences, the main verbs are each helped by a state-of-being verb.    

When you go to the student book 7A exercise, there are no column of sentences.  Please read carefully and advise.  

Thank you for your help.

23 hours ago, Helpdesk said:

It will be most helpful in getting your answer to you if you will email it to the customer service team at  support@welltrainedmind.com, and let us know a little more detail about the sticking point.  (Something like, "Toward the bottom of the page, the Instructor says 'What kind of muffin...'  I don't understand _____? Does this need correction or can you give me other words to explain it?"). This will get your question to the right person who can give a response.

1 hour ago, Mrs.T said:

Patty Joanna, thanks for your attention to this matter.   I'm not sure what you mean by "customer support email alias".  I DID call and leave a VB with Customer Support and have heard nothing.  Thanks again!

If you see their response above, they asked you to email.  Have you tried that?  They stated they don't respond on the forum.

Thank you so much Patty.  This is strange, however.  Does this 7A totally replace the exercise 7A that is currently in our  Green Core Instructor Test and RED student workbook and key?  This would mean that the current 7A is to be deleted?   So confused now.