Menu

AP Language

I am searching for a great AP Language class for my bright, focused 11th grader. We are totally new to all of this and she may return to her brick-and-mortar school for her senior year (or even for second semester this year if things are A LOT better). so I am trying to stay in line with what they offer. I've missed the boat on AP Lang at PA Homeschoolers, Debra Bell and The Potters School.  I was hoping for a class with some live interaction but I'm not finding any.  Any other suggestions? What are the best asynchronous AP Language classes?  I think we may be able to add a class to her DE schedule if you think that's a better option. The classes available to in that scenario are ENG 111 (Writing and Inquiry) for the first semester and ENG 112 (Writing/Research in the Disciplines). Would those be a somewhat equivalent option, and then studying independently for the AP exams?

Thanks so much for your help!

For assistance in independent study, you can go to the College Board website, and go through the steps to become an approved teacher of AP Language and Composition.  As part of that process, they will provide you with several pre-approved syllabi.  You can choose one of those and use it for your own class if you feel confident that you can teach it.  

• Like 1

Sorry you haven't gotten any help. AP Lang seems to be a hot commodity. We were wait listed (and got into) Blue Tent's last March. There may be some AP Literature class around. Lukeion has 3 spots: https://www.lukeion.org/courses.html

Blue Tent might have 1-2 seats in Lit, but they started a lot of their AP classes yesterday: https://www.bluetentonline.com/ap-english-literature-composition

Your college classes to seem to be similar to AP Lang. Depending on where she's looking for college, they could be equivalent, even without the AP test.

To be honest, though, a public high school isn't usually required to accept any outside classes. You may want to talk to your dd's school before enrolling if you have returning in the back of your mind. You may need to select from your state's online offerings.

Good Luck!

Edited by MamaSprout