Menu

Easy to use curriculum based on BFSU...

51 minutes ago, desertflower said:

are you talking about shannon Jordan who redid the first level of BFSU into an open and go format?

https://smile.amazon.com/Elementary-Science-Education-Shannon-Jordan/dp/1478794666/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=shannon+jordan&qid=1595610462&sr=8-1

That is the only one that I know of.  HTH.

You can also buy the pdf version for $10 at https://outskirtspress.com/bfsu1abridged

8 minutes ago, TheAttachedMama said:

YES!  Thank you so much!  Those were the exact two books I was thinking about.   

Any one use either of these?

I was not aware of scicurriculum. It's nice to know it exists.

As for using Shannon Jordan's supplement, I plan on using it this year, but haven't yet. What I can tell you is that it is quite streamlined from the BFSU text. There will still be set up involved, but the more scripty bits are in bold font, which seems like it would make it easier to follow. There is a suggested order of lessons, with options for completing it in either 2 or 3 years. There are review questions, assessment questions and a little more guidance on what exactly should be put into a science journal. I'm looking forward to using it this year.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheAttachedMama said:

YES!  Thank you so much!  Those were the exact two books I was thinking about.   

So, if I were to buy the Shannon Jordan book, do I REALLY need the BFSU book too?   

I have both.  There is so much more information in BFSU.  I’m glad I have it because it gives me a deeper picture of the concept.  The Shannon Jordan book helps me streamline my planning/teaching.

• Thanks 1