Menu

Recommendation Needed: Writing a Research Paper

April J.

Hi! I am hoping someone can help me. DD attended a private Christian school for the past six years, but we are transitioning back to homeschooling this fall (8th grade). Her Language Arts teacher intended to walk the students through the process of writing a research paper during the last quarter of last year - but couldn't, due to the transition to distance learning.

I have already chosen curriculum for Grammar, Spelling, Literature, Vocabulary, and Creative Writing for this coming year. Therefore, I am looking for a curriculum that specifically addresses how to write a research paper.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Edited by April J.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, April J. said:

KrissiK, is that something that I could purchase as a standalone? Or is it within a specific year of their English curriculum?

Not Krissi 🙂 but I found the scope and sequence for CLE, and the research paper is taught in Light Unit 807.

I've tried to remember how I learned to do that in school. I know that I learned how to do bibliographies and tables of content when I was in 6th; I don't remember any other specific instruction or research papers until I was a junior in high school. We decided on topics, and then to do note cards (we had to make 100 note cards, and yes, the teacher counted them), and foot notes. We were given a range of number of pages required. And that was it.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, KrissiK said:

Yes, you can, actually. Look not in their grade levels, here’s the link....https://www.clp.org/search/results?utf8=✓&query=Research+paper&x=0&y=0

KrissiK, thank you so much! That is exactly what I am looking for! It's been a while since she's written even a basic research paper, so at that price, I will probably buy both booklets, take her through Research Paper I during the fall semester and then Research Paper II during the spring semester.

Thanks again!