Menu

Collegeboard SAT help please

I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

My daughter took the general SAT last year at age 13. Because she was officially in 8th grade, my understanding is that Collegeboard automatically deletes scores.

We want to keep the score, so earlier this year I sent a snail-mail letter requesting this, as it says to do on the website.

My issue at this point is that I have no idea if this letter was received or actioned. I can't see anywhere on the website to see if a score is officially kept.

My second issue is that we're in Australia. I've emailed a couple of times and each time I get an auto reply saying that I need to call, and every time I call the international number, it is engaged. I've tried about eleventy-three times.

Can anyone here tell me if there's a spot on the website to see if the score is kept? Or any hints on how to get through to them on the phone? 

@Arcadia @dmmetler Have you kept scores from 8th grade or younger, perhaps? 

Thank you 🌼

• Like 1

I actually didn’t keep the SAT score from age 10 because the ACT one was equivalent, plus added Science and English, and she only needed one. (ACT is automatically kept). 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Can anyone here tell me if there's a spot on the website to see if the score is kept? Or any hints on how to get through to them on the phone? 

We kept both teens scores from 6th grade. When they created their CollegeBoard accounts right after they turned 13, their SAT scores and SAT subject scores automatically showed up in their accounts. We didn’t need to do anything to get the scores to appear.  I did have to send them a letter (I concurrently emailed as my USPS quality of service is more dubious than CollegeBoard) for 6th and 7th grade but not 8th grade. It was surprisingly auto kept. 

The phone helpline is a nightmare since I use prepaid phone to call them. I email them instead so that I would get a case number. They have responded within 24hrs with a case number for all the cases I have logged with them 😂🤦‍♀️

While CollegeBoard officially says that you have until June to request to keep scores for under 13, I have always sent in my letter to them in August. 

• Like 2