Menu

Saxon Grammar and Writing 3

Lecka

Is anyone using this?

Do you continue separate spelling instruction?

I am looking at this for one of my kids, and I am wondering if I should go through (say) All About Spelling 3 first?  

Do you ever go through and do oral answers, or is writing the answers a lot of the point?

Is it used independently at your house?

It looks pretty accessible from the sample -- does it stay pretty accessible in the later lessons?  

I have been able to see a lot more samples from the "homeschool review crew."  

I think it looks like a good fit, but would wait until he has gone a bit further in All About Spelling, just because realistically only so much is going to get done in a day here.  

On 6/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, Lecka said:

Do you ever go through and do oral answers, or is writing the answers a lot of the point?

Is it used independently at your house?

Yes--a combination of doing some things orally and using the text as a workbook really speeds things up.

I don't believe in having kids do things completely independently because I believe that for most kids, this will require placing them below their instructional level.  So, in answer to your question, no, neither of them did it independently, though they did do the review set independently (with me checking their answers from across the room as they went).

• Like 1