Menu

Anyone own a comb binder machine?

I have one; it's some unknown Korean brand we got from eBay. We needed a fairly heavy-duty machine for business purchases. We did have to alter the machine for US size punching...not a big deal for my dh, but something you'd want to look into before buying unaware.

Ria

I borrowed my parents and use it all the time; I borrowed their laminator, too! I just love them! (my parents and the machine) My dad had a small seminary, and they were purchased for that, so my mom made sure they were of good reputation:-) comb binder machine is a docubind P100. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't collect the punches and the part where you adjust for length of paper, doesn't stay "set" you have to be careful. But, I do really use it! It makes everything seem more "official" to me. And of course, the laminator is great! Oregonlam.com has inexpensive supplies for combs and pouches for the laminator. They also have a flat shipping charge of $5.95. They have the best prices I could find!

Carrie:-)

I borrowed my parents and use it all the time; I borrowed their laminator, too! I just love them! (my parents and the machine) My dad had a small seminary, and they were purchased for that, so my mom made sure they were of good reputation:-) comb binder machine is a docubind P100. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't collect the punches and the part where you adjust for length of paper, doesn't stay "set" you have to be careful. But, I do really use it! It makes everything seem more "official" to me. And of course, the laminator is great! Oregonlam.com has inexpensive supplies for combs and pouches for the laminator. They also have a flat shipping charge of $5.95. They have the best prices I could find!

Carrie:-)

Thanks. Good to know where I can get supplies too. I saw some at Staples but haven't cost compared yet.

Got to tell you - I won an ebay auction for a comb binder and picked it up today. I got a great deal (saved over $125 from retail) and they were local too!! I saved the shipping and picked it up today. I can't wait to put something together into a booklet.

Edited by Frontier Mom