Menu

AP Art History

Melissa B

It is so strange, but I am unable to locate a set of the 250 required AP Art History images for purchase. I can find a list of the required works and online sites such as Quizlet that have all 250 in photo form, but I want a set of 250 flashcards - one image on each card - and I cannot find them. Is anyone aware of a location where I can purchase these flashcards? Thank you.

ETA: Sorry, meant to ask on the high school board.

Edited by Melissa B

I’m fairly sure they don’t exist. DD looked high & low, but couldn’t find them. When she asked her teacher, Amber Kane @ PA Homeschoolers, about them she said she had never seen a set, but suggested DD create her own by sketching the images, so that’s exactly what she did. She found it incredibly helpful, improved her sketching/drawing skills, and had them all easily memorized after drawing + studying each a few times. Given the abbreviated content tested on this year’s AP Exam, it turned out not to be necessary, but I’m glad she did it anyway. I’m pretty sure she’ll keep them as proof of her accomplishment!

Edited by fourisenough
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, fourisenough said:

I’m fairly sure they don’t exist. DD looked high & low, but couldn’t find them. When she asked her teacher, Amber Kane @ PA Homeschoolers, about them she said she had never seen a set, but suggested DD create her own by sketching the images, so that’s exactly what she did. She found it incredibly helpful, improved her sketching/drawing skills, and had them all easily memorized after drawing + studying each a few times. Given the abbreviated content tested on this year’s AP Exam, it turned out not to be necessary, but I’m glad she did it anyway. I’m pretty sure she’ll keep them as proof of her accomplishment!

At least I'm not the only one that couldn't find any. It just seems so odd that with all of the study material available for AP courses there wouldn't be a boxed set of cards available. Drawing them isn't likely to be enough for this particular student. He is going to need a photographic picture of each to study. We wanted to get them early so he could study them slowly by civilization/time period. I guess we will try and make a set ourselves.

• Like 1