Menu

Spelling Workout Teacher's Editions?

periwinklemommy

My ds (6) just started Spelling Workout B and I'm wondering if I should get the teacher's edition. I didn't get it for level A and I didn't think I would need it for B as TWTM says you won't need it until the fourth or fifth book. The only reason I'm wondering is because I don't know what is meant in the student text when they say "Send your mistakes to the Word Locker" after the test is taken. (No mistakes yet because the words are still remedial from what we did before we "officially" started homeschooling, but I still wonder.)

TIA!

Lisa

I've been using the sentences in the TM to use as copywork for ds. Later I plan on reading these out loud for dictation. I've noticed some other good spelling programs use this technique of copywork/dicatation ex. Spelling Wisdom and Logos' Grammar of Spelling.

HTH

Katherine@

Cornerstone Classicalhttp://cornerstoneclassicalschool.blogspot.com

We just create a list of "trouble words" (what they call the "word locker") for extra practice on those words that get misspelled on tests,

I agree that you probably don't need the TM until later, and then only for ease and speed in grading - unless you want the extra practice pages that are contained in it....

Regena