Menu

What recent plays have you liked?

klmama

Not novels, plays.  Our library is allowing us to pick up books, and I want to read some NON-Shakespeare plays.  Something written since 2000 would be great, with an added plus if it's clean.  Any ideas?

Edited by klmama

Thanks, but no, it isn't.  I'm looking for actual scripts of plays, not commentary about the production of the play.  Also, I'm not looking for scripts from musical productions, but rather scripts for plays without music.  I'd like to find good contemporary plays, rather than "classics."  Just wondering if anyone has seen or read anything good published since 2000 or maybe as far back as 1980.  Thanks!

I saw this play and later read the script.  Speaking with one of the actors, he told me that the play was meant to entertain but also to educate about people with mental disabilities.

The Boys Next Door is a play by Tom Griffin, first produced in the 1988/89 season. Set in the Boston area, it deals with four men with various mental disabilities who live in a group home.   It takes place over roughly a two-month period and consists of brief vignettes about the men's lives. The play provides a humorous commentary on the men's lives, taking a surprising turn as Barry's father comes to visit and as Jack (their caretaker) accepts a new job.