Menu

Dr. Hive - what is this pain?

ktgrok

So starting a bit over 24 hours agao I have had a ..sore spot I guess....in my abdmonen/pelvis. It is tender to the touch, and when I first stand up, or roll over in bed, etc. Almost like a sore muscle, but no idea how I'd have a sore muscle there? If I'm laying on my back it is in line with my hip bone on my right side, , and depending on my position either right next to it/under it or an inch or so closer to my belly button. If I roll onto my left side I can't find it to press on, but I can on my back. If I pull my legs in to my chest I can kind of feel it hurt then too, in that same spot.  It almost feels like gas pain, and twice I've taken GasX to see if it helps, but gas pain wouldn't be in the same spot for over 24 hours, right? I mean, I'm a bit gassy as far as burping lately, maybe? sorry, tmi, lol. 

According to this little chart it hurts in the area they have marked as appendicitis. 700px-1506_Referred_Pain_Chart.jpg

No fever, or anything to say appendicitis, and I am around ovulation, maybe an ovarian cyst? But I think that's even lower? 

Or, I've been doing a little bit of gentle yoga, maybe I did strain something or tear some old surgical adhesions, or I was lifting and carrying cement paving stones, but nothing hurt when I did that....but this did start I think after that. 

Any ideas? I'm more curious than anything at this point. 

In I don't think it could be related news, I have a sore muscle in my left calf....I have plantar fasciitis and have been stretching my calf many times a day but it is still sore....Im guessing from limping or something. It's better once I'm moving..I managed to mow the lawn just fine for instance but then was limping around later. 

Getting older sucks, lol. 

Edited by Ktgrok

Recently we thought my niece had appendicitis and it turned out to be kidney stones, so I guess those can get confused.

I’ve had so many weird pains since peri menopause as well. I had no idea!

Edited by Joker

My dd just went through this a couple weeks ago.  She had a tele-visit with a doctor and they determined that it could be appendicitis, and wanted her to come in (which was a really big deal in itself -- wow!).  The doctor said one of the signs of appendicitis is that it's often most tender right above the fold that occurs in your lap when you sit down.  That's exactly where my dd's hurt.

It turns out, it was an ovarian cyst, so I guess they can feel similar!  The pain eventually went away after a few days.

48 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Can you jump straight up and land without it hurting a lot?  Helps with figuring out at home if it's appendicitis, from what I have heard.

I had that pain recently, though, and it turned out to be constipation.  I know, more tmi.  Lol!

I did try jumping, didn't hurt at all. Wondering if constipation, although I had a normal BM yesterday morning. 

27 minutes ago, J-rap said:

My dd just went through this a couple weeks ago.  She had a tele-visit with a doctor and they determined that it could be appendicitis, and wanted her to come in (which was a really big deal in itself -- wow!).  The doctor said one of the signs of appendicitis is that it's often most tender right above the fold that occurs in your lap when you sit down.  That's exactly where my dd's hurt.

It turns out, it was an ovarian cyst, so I guess they can feel similar!  The pain eventually went away after a few days.

Yup, those are my rule outs...and I've had ovarian cysts before, although small, so thinking maybe that?

Other info: if i tense my abs, I can't find the tender spot by pressing, so whatever it is must be under the ab muscles. And tensing them doesn't hurt, so not a torn ab muscle. 

Honestly, more like the round ligament pain of pregnancy than anything, so betting it is my stupid ovary.