Menu

Biblioplan early modern

Nam2001

Can anyone give me opinions on the spines used in Biblioplan early modern? Particularly the companion and remember the days, but the other options as well. How dry is the companion? 
I would be using this for grades 4, 7 and 10. 

11 minutes ago, rjand6more said:

The Companion is a textbook.  So, as dry as a textbook would be.  We use parts of it.  I prefer to use Story of the World for elementary. 

I have not used Remember the Days.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VoCJhlMyMuNExZdUwwSWZQb28/view

Companion  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VoCJhlMyMuUmV1RndGakx5TjQ/view

Thanks. Yes, it looks pretty dry to me (the companion). 

The Companion is dry, but I find history interesting so wasn't too bad. I actually liked Remember the Days. I thought it was just the right amount of info. Also, we used the Companion (for year 2 not year 3) on the ipad, and I thoight the pictures were great, and it had a lot of information about a lot of things that we could pick and choose what interested us. 

• Thanks 1

We've been using  Biblioplan with Remember the Days Year 4 this year for my older DD. She has special needs and is older but learns anywhere between a 1st -4th grade level. It's fairly interesting as a read aloud - IMHO it's a bit much for independent reading even for a typical 4th grader. I don't find it dry (but like the previous poster I'm kind of a history nerd...) I think your 4th grader and possibly even your 7th grader could get a lot out of it as a spine. I'd assume they'd be given other reading at their own reading levels. Your 10th grader on the other hand would likely need to use the Companion as a spine. I think Remember the Days would be a bit lacking for that age. My only other caveat about the Biblioplan textbook is that I've found it at times is a bit lacking in a diversity of viewpoints. It can be very "white." If that makes sense. I do appreciate the fact that although it's a Christian curriculum the textbook (at least as it applies to what I've read in Year 4) does not overtly push an agenda. It pretty fairly sticks to facts and neutral statements where matters of faith intersect with history. 

We've really enjoyed all of the other books we've read and the video recommendations. Overall I feel like it's a very good history option if you like to dig into history with historical literature.

'

• Thanks 1