Menu

Supplement to Miquon?

I'm using Miquon with my first grader and I love it. It seems to really suit her, too. She's almost done with their first grade workbooks. Now I'd like to find something to do with her to supplement it. I'm thinking something we can do a few days a week over the summer. I know we can just go on to the next Miquon book but I'd like to see what else is out there too.

My son uses Singapore math and Beast Academy and loves both, but Singapore really didn't interest my daughter. She seems to do really well with hands-on stuff. I am thinking to do little projects with her but I'd also love to have a book too. Any ideas?

18 minutes ago, Farrar said:

How about the Right Start games? Or just a bunch of math games?

Or how about using some of the ideas in Let's Play Math by Denise Gaskins?

Thank you!! So many good ideas here. I'm glad I asked.

She is not usually wild about games, especially when they're educational (except, for some reason, Scrabble -- she has always refused chutes and ladders, cards, etc but is happy to play Scrabble). But she is still so little and she's changing and developing all the time. So it's worth a try. 

2 hours ago, Little Green Leaves said:

Thank you!! So many good ideas here. I'm glad I asked.

She is not usually wild about games, especially when they're educational (except, for some reason, Scrabble -- she has always refused chutes and ladders, cards, etc but is happy to play Scrabble). But she is still so little and she's changing and developing all the time. So it's worth a try. 

A lot of the Right Start games feel more like explorations. Others are more game. We loved Corners and played it constantly.