Menu

Frozen Daiquiri ??

jpinal205

I feel sort of frivolous asking but

My twins turn 21 next week. Dh and I really only drink wine. When our older three turned 21, we took them out for happy hour drinks and food. Needless to say we aren't for the twins so taco bar and daiquiris at home.  Suggestions for daiquiris would be appreciated. I've seen ready made mixes. What would we need to make some with strawberries? There are so many recipes on google and they vary so much. Thank you

So this post got me searching online for a local food author who had a frozen daiquiri mix recipe in the newspaper a few years back. She published it during fresh strawberry season and I put up a double batch in the freezer. I personally used it to make frozen strawberry margaritas which are wonderful, but it's actually written for daiquiris. I'm glad I found this recipe in her blog, attached below. Now I want to try the chocolate dipped strawberries recipe after it! We have amazing strawberries here for about 3 weeks in June. Here's the blog:

http://janrd.com/blog/11429/hooray-for-strawberries

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iron Jenny Flint said:

I would skip the mix and stick to just frozen strawberries and rum. 

4 hours ago, mumto2 said:

That’s how my college roommate and I made them......

Y'all hardcore! 😄

Most people want daiquiris to be sweet, especially new drinkers. The recipe Ali linked is pretty simple and natural, easy and better than a mix if you have strawberries. You could skip the lime but I wouldn't skip the sugar, lol. You do need to have a good ice-crushing blender; if not, one of the frozen ready mixes would be better. 

Thanks to Burn Notice, mojitos are my new favorite rum drink and they are easy to make in the classic version or in fun variations like strawberry mojitos.  My favorite is probably a classic mojito with the addition of frozen blueberries, mostly because it looks fancy, lol. You can buy fresh mint in the produce section (it won't be the 'right' kind of mint, but it makes a good drink and they won't know any better). 

Mmm, mojitos, be right back . . . 

• Like 2