Menu

Scheduling Writing & Rhetoric

Bay Lake Mom

For those of you that use the Writing & Rhetoric series, how do you schedule it?  We will be starting the series for my 11 yo daughter in the fall.  She will begin with Level 3 according to the FAQ on the CAP website.  I looked at the samples, and it has 4 lessons a week, but there was a note on the page that suggested it could be done differently.  Does anyone complete the weekly lessons in 3 days?  Also approximately how long do you spend on each days lesson?  We plan on working through 2 books a year. 

Up until March I was working outside of the home and I scheduled it for MWF. We spent around 20-30 minutes per day and did a lesson per week. We just started book 2 a few weeks ago and I am scheduling it 4 days a week and we are spending a little less time each day, just being a little more flexible with it . . . If we finish it in 3 days great, if not, we take a 4th to complete it. 

I don't schedule either. We just go until it seems like a natural stopping point or until the kid has had enough. So far, we've averaged 2 books a year, so it seems to work for us. But I tend to be anti-scheduling anyways. We just always seem to make a decent natural pace with things.