Menu

Library - wait time for digital books

stephanier.1765

Interesting, I've noticed the opposite, most of the books we have looked for have been available, which never happens. I wondered if the library made a change to the system when they closed. If so, I imagine there was a cost involved that not every library would want to bear.

I haven't used it much yet because I managed to squeeze in a so for actual books before the building was shuttered, but my kids were talking about it last night.

How are you staying sane while you wait??!! Lots of baking? Erasing and re-doing the crosswords over and over? Making and posting COVID19 memes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

does you library system use hoopla? It doesn't have holds on the books but you can only take so many out a month

Yes, I love this about Hoopla! And they have a special selection of items right now that don't count against your monthly borrow total. I had a hard time finding the full list on the app, so I browsed through them on their website here, then when I found something I wanted to borrow I searched for that specific title on the app. 

2 hours ago, SusanC said:

Interesting, I've noticed the opposite, most of the books we have looked for have been available, which never happens. I wondered if the library made a change to the system when they closed. If so, I imagine there was a cost involved that not every library would want to bear.

I haven't used it much yet because I managed to squeeze in a so for actual books before the building was shuttered, but my kids were talking about it last night.

How are you staying sane while you wait??!! Lots of baking? Erasing and re-doing the crosswords over and over? Making and posting COVID19 memes?

LOL I've got Audible credits so I'm using some of those as well as taking advantage of any free books. Unfortunately, a lot of the free books aren't so great but they are better than nothing. Right now I'm reading Miss Pym Disposes that Susan suggested for book club on Facebook. It was only 0.99 so I thought why not.

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

does you library system use hoopla? It doesn't have holds on the books but you can only take so many out a month

It does but I've never tried it. Thank you, I'm going to check that out.