Menu

Crockpot Recommendations

Negin

After several years of use, our crockpot got scratched and I had to toss it. I've been searching and searching for a replacement. Some of the Amazon reviews concern me.

Do you have one that you are happy with?

I may just end up getting the exact same one as before. I was perfectly happy with it.

I don't want to get anything that's too expensive, since this one will be imported and that will mean paying even more duties. Whatever we bring in, we have to pay double. 

I would also prefer to not get an Instant Pot, since I'm lazy and I realize that there's a learning curve with that. 

Thank you!

Edited by Negin

I wish mine had a locking lid.

I got a new one last year with a feature I LOVE: the pot is metal! I can brown the meat and then lift the pan into the heating unit in one swoop. I can even bring the food to a boil before I put it in the heater, which is like a jump start on the cooking time. 

I broke two crocks in the last two years so the metal makes me happy. 

The only downside might be that I don't think I could make yogurt in it because it doesn't stay hot a long time like the crock.

• Like 1

I have given up crock pot for instant pot.  

There wasn’t actually that big a learning curve and it can be used either for fast cooking or for slow.  Also on sautée function it can brown things needing some browning before adding water and being shifted to a closed cooking mode.  

• Like 1

I have the Ninja cooking system. I love the metal liner as the crock ones are too heavy for me...arthritis.

i also like thst I can use it as a stove top. That means I can brown the burger and onions or whatever in the pot before adding the rest of the ingredients and turning the dial to slow cooking. https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Digital-Cooker-Cooking-Recipes/dp/B0781GL35P/ref=sr_1_2?crid=FQ37GLN0APWG&keywords=ninja+cooking+system+with+auto-iq+cs960&qid=1582244757&sprefix=Ninja+cooking+%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-2

• Like 1