Menu

Why did I get toilet paper?

Ginevra

Like, somehow I received a shipment of toilet paper. The name and address is correct for me. There is no packing slip. I have no idea why this turned up here today! 

The only possibility I can think of (besides a prank) is if my son in college ordered it and forgot to change the shipping address to his apartment. But I can’t imagine he would order just thing - three packages of TP - and be done. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Did you accidentally sign up for auto ship after a previous order?

I just received a power rotary tool that had my name/shipping address. No packing slip, not in my orders. However, it appears the label with my name was stuck over a different label/person. So...do you have a doubled up label?

No, because I have never used Amazon for household goods. I think I see how it happened, though. My son has Alexa, though I don’t, and I think that’s how it got ordered. But it defaulted to my account. 

• Haha 1

Alexa?   We need to remember to select the correct Shipping Address now, when checking out on Amazon and eBay, if it's for us or for DD.  But now DD has "Prime", which I think is Free for 6 (?) months, so she will probably order for herself most of the time. However, if we want to send her a gift, we need to remember to select the correct Shipping Address.  Strange that he would only order 3 rolls of Toilet Paper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lanny said:

Alexa?   We need to remember to select the correct Shipping Address now, when checking out on Amazon and eBay, if it's for us or for DD.  But now DD has "Prime", which I think is Free for 6 (?) months, so she will probably order for herself most of the time. However, if we want to send her a gift, we need to remember to select the correct Shipping Address.  Strange that he would only order 3 rolls of Toilet Paper.

Well, it’s like three packages. It’s a normal “case” of TP. I’m pretty much positive it happened through my son’s Alexa, though it might have been his roommates ordering it, either for real or for a joke.