Menu

:::peeking out::: Question about therapy

lauraw4321

I haven't started a thread here in a long time and most folks probably won't remember me or will remember my childish flounce awhile back. I'm a failed homeschooler, but I have been posting and lurking for a long time. If anyone is willing to give me some advice, I'd appreciate it. 

Has anyone done any of the new therapy options where you meet with your therapist online or in some other virtual way? Like Better Help or Talk Space? Would you be willing to share your experiences (DM is fine)?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Laura :-) I am new-ish, but it is nice to meet you.

I tried Faithful Counseling, which is the same company as Better Help but with a Christian slant.  My first match didn't listen to me, but my second match was great!  The combination of phone/video sessions and messaging worked well.  The cost was also very reasonable.  Unfortunately, when I stopped paying, I couldn't even message my counselor to say "thanks, I am doing well now" unless I resubscribed.  Frustrated.

I now see a kind of local counselor who was recommended to me through a family member, but I do see him over a video connection since I can't get out easily.  He is even more available and a better fit overall.

Feel free to DM or reply here for more details, but my forum participation is sporadic, so if I don't reply right away, it's not you, it's me :-).

• Like 1