Menu

Flu like illness

Terabith

Is it normal/ okay to just stay in bed with flu?  I guess this is day 3 ish, and other than short trips to kitchen and bathroom, that’s about all I can handle.  Temp is down from 101-103 to 100-101.5 ish. I think it’s improving but just exhausted and very achy and weak still.  

On 10/14/2019 at 10:31 AM, Terabith said:

I don’t even feel up to watching tv or listening to a book.  How long does it take to be able simple diversion?

That is the worst feeling, when listening to a book is too much work.  

Do not feel guilty!   I remember one year when my grandparents visited we got sick, except for poor mom who ended up doing all the work.  We thought we were better, and we went to a restaurant.   Sitting in the booth was a real strain. 

Edited by shawthorne44

Moms can be the worst when it comes to sickness.  The last time mine pulled something like that I said, "Come over here so I can cough in your face and scoff at you when you're as sick as I am."     Seriously, I've been hospitalized and my mom didn't care.  I don't know why, but my dad was always much better when it came to sick kids.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have taken my NyQuil and am laying in bed like a good sick person, but I’m shivering with chills and everything frickin hurts, including my eyes and my hair, and I am not even sure how that is possible.  I think everyone is on their own for dinner and homework tonight.  I feel way too sick to deal with anything.