Menu

Affordable decent supplements and vitamins

Night Elf

Can anyone recommend a brand that is not high priced but is a decent product? I've been using Puritan's Pride but I worry if I'm getting the best supplements and vitamins I can. My chiropractor wants me to take something new and double up on something else and said cheap supplements aren't worth the money. 

I wouldn't use anything sold by a chiropractor.   and I have benefited from chiropractors. (I wouldn't use anything sold by my DO either.....)  look at the molecular forms of the vitamins.  even just knowing a few of the most bioavailable forms, you can weed out a decent quality from one not worth your money.  (e.g. anything that contains cyanocobalamin - is a pass from me.  I need the methylcobalimin.  just absorbs better.)

I do a number of sups on subscribe and save via amazon.  I don't have to run to the store when I'm out, and there's a discount.  Many other online supplies do something similar, but with my amazon visa (I get a percentage back) - amazon is cheaper/easier.

NOW is affordable, generally good (though not everything - that actually applies to about every brand out there.)

did rainbow light gummies for dudeling when he was small.  (it was the best I could get down him, but there are brands I prefer.)

Swanson's

Jarrow

Gaia

Pure encapsulations

Emerald laboratories

Integrative therapeutics (my ND likes, I found substitutions.  high quality, not budget friendly.)

Thorne (considered the best)

mostly I do a combination of the above.