Menu

The Treat Yourself! Teachers Lounge 9-11-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning! Welcome to the Hogwarts! er, I mean, the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from the fact that I, evidently, woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Thankfully, no one else was awake to
experience that - I just knew from the flumox going on in my brain! Therefore, I decided it was WORTH it to go to Starbucks today.
Thankfully I had gift cards! Knowing it's probably all due to menopausal hormones, I treated myself to my favorite drink made with soy
(and I know Sbux uses organic vanilla soy, which I prefer) and a bakery item. Organic soy for the win!

Have you given yourself a treat lately? What was it? Here: see above! Plus, I'm going to a women's Bible study this morning at our former church.
I really miss that church!

What's your weather like today? Here: finally COOLER weather! In the high 70s to low 80s in the morning and under 100 for the highs. Might seem brutal
to some of you but when it's been OVER 105*F for days.on.end, anything UNDER 100 is fabulous!

What's your favorite bakery treat (full on gluten, gluten-free, vegan, whatever)? Here: I should not eat them as I am highly sensitive to gluten (not Celiac) but
I really adore Starbucks' pumpkin scones!

Talk to me! 🤸‍♀️

I haven’t had a treat lately. The last thing that felt like a splurge was when dh and I went to my favorite Indian restaurant. We split samosas and a curry.

I really craved a slice of chocolate flourless torte that night but I haven’t found a bakery here that has it. I am considering making one for Christmas this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I haven’t had a treat lately. The last thing that felt like a splurge was when dh and I went to my favorite Indian restaurant. We split samosas and a curry.

I really craved a slice of chocolate flourless torte that night but I haven’t found a bakery here that has it. I am considering making one for Christmas this year.

I made the best chocolate flourless torte!  It is in the "How Can It Be Gluten Free" cookbook by America's Test Kitchen.  (And no, I don't have the recipe available now, sorry.) 

• Like 2