Menu

The Spinning Mind Teachers Lounge 9-9-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Morning and welcome to the Lounge!

Yesterday and even this morning had/has my brain in the spinning whirling dervish of anxiety. I don't really know why. Well, I know 
partially why. We are once again, at the same time of year, where finances are quite precarious. About a month or so ago I decided
I want to BREAK this cycle but it hasn't broken yet. Anyway, now you understand today's theme.

Anxiety anyone? Here: see above!

What are you looking forward to this week? Here: a couple of different webinars, meeting with friends, learning some more alongside my son,
and a conference this weekend.

Is your weather getting cooler? Here: haven't been outside just yet but it's supposed to be in the low 70s for the low all this week. Yippee! "Bout time!

Talk to me!

Hi ya, Scrap. 

When my mind does that (especially at night), I put on instrumental hymns. My mind is then kept busy filling in the words. 

As far as I know, this week is much the same as any other week. I am pecking away at some large projects and it would be nice to see even a little bit of progress. 

We have started the rainy season here though I see some sun in the forecast midweek. 

• Like 1

Yes to anxiety. It started last night, actually yesterday afternoon. 

And I was up pretty late last night because of it , and awake so early with my brain looping this ridiculous circuit. 

And my oldest dd who is currently living here for a few weeks was really nasty to me this morning, stomping off in a huff. I spent some time bawling in the laundry room. Its discouraging and frustrating because she's old enough to know better. But she continues this maddening stuff. I think I want to beat my head bloody on a brick wall. It would be more productive than talking to her.

And it's my birthday.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Sad 1

I took about a 45 minute nap today and that helped. Feeling 75% better? AND the biology book I had on order arrived today! 👏
I realize that, to some, a biology book is not that exciting but this one I've had my eye on (Devotional Biology) because, when I read the description
it really resonated with me! We will probably be doing a small co-op, starting at my house, this October. Will be interesting! Now to find a microscope...

• Like 1