Menu

Labs for earth science?

For high school?  Just confirming since that is the board you posted on. Also a bump for you.

I taught CPO Earth Science (middle school) as a lab and there were a lot of labs involving a stream table. We had created our own using a paint tray with a spigot (as seen on the blog referenced on here--Now is the Best Time.

The next year a friend called the Soil and Water Conservation District with a question (I told her to call) and it turned out they have full sized stream tables you can use for free.  They even provide all the supplies.

So my possibly unhelpful advice is to call your local county Soil and Water Conservation District or Farm Services Agency and see if they have educational materials they loan out.

On a phone and on the run so I can’t link, but try the linked threads on PAGE 5 of the pinned thread “High School Motherlode #2”  — scroll down to the subheading of Science and under that, “Geology/Earth Science”. Several linked threads, and the last one is about Earth Science lab resources. Cheers!

• Like 1