Menu

11/24-11/30 exercise check

I just got back from jogging, in the COLD DRIZZLE. I'm the sort of person who didn't go outside if it was colder that 60 and perfectly sunny. Jogging is turning me into the sort of person I used to drive by and shake my head and wonder what the heck was wrong with them.

And jogging in the drizzle is really misleading. I found out that when you combine jogging and drizzle, you end up very wet. LOL Because when the wind blows, and your jogging, that drizzle feels very much like rain.

Today was the last day of breaking the jogging into smaller segments. For the next 4 times I jog, I will be going for 25 minutes nonstop! YIKES!

Ok, off to shower and get warm!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

better if I keep going with a cold. Like you, Cheryl, the fresh air always helps. I believe I will head out right now and get a small run in. Thanks for the encouragement.;) Tani

Me too. Once when I just couldn't run at all, I SKIPPED all the way around the park.... It helps me get out of the doldrums of being sick, you know, that netherland where you might be getting better but it's hard to tell because you're so tired you don't want to get out of bed and take a chance to find out. Sandy

I'm a LOT slower than the rest of you. My 5K took 40 minutes. I plan to stick with running 30 minutes 3 days a week and add in some exercise videos on my off days. I need to get my upper body strength back. I just bought a few DVDs to use this winter. I'm hoping that we have enough nice weather this winter so that I can keep running outside. I don't plan to run if the temps are below 30--cold really hurts my lungs. I'm learning how to ski this winter too--we're going to do that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for letting me share my journey!

I'm SLOW too. I try to focus more on how long I run than how fast I go, because timing myself was so discouraging. It takes me 12 to 14 minutes to run a single mile, depending on how bad the hills are. I usually manage to run for 45 minutes or so four times a week. After each run, I try to walk at least a mile, sometimes two. During the off-days I do ab exercises I found online. But I'm not seeing one whit of difference in my abs. Does anyone know of where I could find a good video or something to show me how I could get some of the baby flab? I had twins five years ago and my body just went kaput! on me.

I just got back from jogging, in the COLD DRIZZLE. I'm the sort of person who didn't go outside if it was colder that 60 and perfectly sunny. Jogging is turning me into the sort of person I used to drive by and shake my head and wonder what the heck was wrong with them.

And jogging in the drizzle is really misleading. I found out that when you combine jogging and drizzle, you end up very wet. LOL Because when the wind blows, and your jogging, that drizzle feels very much like rain.

Today was the last day of breaking the jogging into smaller segments. For the next 4 times I jog, I will be going for 25 minutes nonstop! YIKES!

Ok, off to shower and get warm!

Great job getting out there! It is hard to run in the foul weather. Get very warm in the shower!

Well, after nothing but cooking, cleaning, dishes, cooking and dishes for 2 days, today I walked 2.5 miles and did 45 min on my recumbent bike. It felt great!

I'm impressed with all of you keeping the routines up during a holiday weekend.

Good job msjones!

I was visiting my mom so I didn't have the majority of the chores on my shoulders. That makes it easier. Also, I'm training for a marathon so I really feel the need to get out there.

I was shocked to find that I'm still very much dedicated to exercising. I don't remember what I did on the 25th, but we traveled on the 26th (left home at 11am Central time and checked into our hotel at 2am pacific time (4am our time)) and that was a LOOONNNNGGGG day and I am pretty sure I did my regular bastardized week 2 on the 24th. :) Exercised in the hotel gym on the 27th (Thursday) for the first time ever on a treadmill. I did feel like a hamster. :) We had not yet received our warm clothing so I couldn't even think of going outside. Exercised the 28th and 29th on the treadmill also. Yesterday and the 30th I don't remember what I did but it was either week 3 or walking. I've started week 3 of the Couch plan (but I bastardize it with additional 20 mintues of warmup brisk walk and extra 3 minutes of jog/run). I generally exercise 45-60 minutes. I'll probably do an extra day of week 3 so hubby can catch up and we'll start week 4 in a few days.

I'm already looking forward to going home but today will start ordering books and supplies so that is always fun. :)

Edited by jamnkats