Menu

Senior year, lyme disease, & curriculum help

For the last English credit you could do something with business writing or a speech class.  I wouldn't do another lit analysis if she isn't into it.

I think.Oak Meadow has a World Religions course.  You could adust the assignments and do a lot orally if neded.  

One of my seniors took Composition and Speech.  Dc read The Norton Sampler (6th edition) and wrote essays in similar styles - often personal and pretty casual, like essays in magazines, with various purposes.  Dc really enjoyed that.  For the speech component dc read and listened to famous speeches, plus read the speeches printed in the Imprimis newsletter put out by Hillsdale College, and then gave speeches on various topics.  I know we had a text for the speech component, too, but I can't remember what it was.

My other senior took Composition, using The Norton Sampler one semester for the personal essays and spending the other semester on a final pass through formal essays.