Menu

Accountability Thread 5/19-5/25

Morning. I am hoping for some lakeside rest and writing today, but not sure I'm going to get it. Got to look at the radar and see if DH will go for it after he builds enough of his wall. Or maybe I'll just go by myself with no one. Hmmm.

Other than writing and reading today, I only have the grocery list to do. After I figure out what I want to cook this week. School planning is just to finish up what we have and assess what I want to do for summer school this year. It will probably involve pointing the children in the direction of the books and kicking back unless I'm needed. 

• Like 2

Younger DS woke up with serious fever today, so we are grounded!  He is not too unwell, thank goodness, so it is mostly a matter of rest and recovery. 

This week: finish drafting summer & next year's school plans.  Try to get on a couple of outings, Lord willing and children cooperating.  Exercise.  Make sure that our lives are aligned with our values -- that seems vague, but I want to be sure that the little decisions I'm making line up with the larger picture. 

I'd also like to get some little gifts out to people who've invited us over for dinner, and ideally bake a batch of cookies for a teenager we know who is in the middle of high-stakes testing. 

• Like 3

Morning! Boys are arguing before school. One of them prefers to start early, the other starts around nine. Most of the time they don't butt heads too much, but it's evidently a morning where growling is going to be on the agenda.

I've got the usual list to take care of, but added something new to it today--a one hour mandatory rest period in the afternoon for me. Other than that, mostly the same things this week as last week: Writing, revising, painting, keeping up with cooking and some housekeeping.

• Like 2

I don't know what to say about today. It was a little chaotic. But school things got done. Reading, writing, handwriting, art, outside time, chores, and science.

The older kids were asked what they wanted to learn about as a science topic. They both said physics. 🙃 It was managed and later we got some books from the library to help us. 🤣 

I messed up printing both of their math curriculum so badly that there is a huge stack of several printed math semesters for 2 kids that I need to organize. Uggh, its such a mess! Its waiting for me in the other room... taunting me... teasing me! 😭

• Like 2

Good morning. My internal clock is trying to make the switch to my new work schedule but I've been waking up 10-20 minutes before my alarm rings. 🙄 

Today's plan is orthodontist appointment for one of the kids, full school day, and after school playdate with our ps friends. Oh and our evening activity. I probably crammed too much into today but I have to take advantage of a full day off work. 

• Like 2

Morning! Boys have school work. We are winding down for the summer schedule. Science should finish this week, I think? Mostly it's going to be math, Latin, reading, and writing this summer. That's all I really want to hit. We'll raid documentaries as interest permits.

For me, I called the doctor this morning to report another swelling, and left a message. I'm getting rather tired of this. But I have writing and painting to keep me busy, and some cooking to do later today.

• Sad 1

What a day!  got the boys out (with younger DS supplied with anti-inflammatories) and A Good Time Was Had but bad train delays coming home meant that at 9:15 we were still finishing our dinners. 

Tomorrow I'll check in with folks (read y'all's posts above) and, Lord willing, everyone here will: bathe!!!  get some exercise; do some math/Latin/piano theory; sleep tons.

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Morning! I was so tired yesterday that I went to be before eight. Slept well, but I'm still tired. I may see about a resting day today. Mostly writing and not much else.

Boys have school. I'm going to debate what I can do without crashing by the evening. 

• Like 2

Well, I'm wide awake and can't get back to sleep so I guess now's a good time to update! 😂 

We had some crazy unexpected events yesterday that threw our whole day out of whack but we managed to get reading, handwriting, and science in before everything fell apart. So I guess something is better than nothing. 

Today's plan is for the kids to have a playdate with friends. We will do reading at home but other than that, they'll be playing hard all day. They are super excited! 

• Like 2

Morning. I'm trying to get all the doctor stuff out of the way before nine. So far--not having so much success with that, but hey, it's the trying that counts! Short school day for the boys and they would like to boat and fish in the afternoon. I'm on board for that. Going to take my chair and my character work and spend an afternoon in my fantasy world where a magical spring could fix me probably. 🤣

• Like 1

Morning. No school today. We had bees to evacuate ahead of a flood and between last night and this morning, everyone is tired. So resting today, and maybe get a feeding station set up later today or tomorrow. Been tough for bees this year. Too much rain.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm trying to get all the doctor stuff out of the way before nine. So far--not having so much success with that, but hey, it's the trying that counts! Short school day for the boys and they would like to boat and fish in the afternoon. I'm on board for that. Going to take my chair and my character work and spend an afternoon in my fantasy world where a magical spring could fix me probably. 🤣

16 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. No school today. We had bees to evacuate ahead of a flood and between last night and this morning, everyone is tired. So resting today, and maybe get a feeding station set up later today or tomorrow. Been tough for bees this year. Too much rain.

You have a lot going on, don't you?  I couldn't find the right "smiley" to click, so I thought I'd just send you Happy Thoughts and hopes for a restful weekend with minimal evacuations & swellings.  I've just made my morning tea here ... if you had a cuppa, I'd propose a tea-toast to magical springs. 

• Like 2

Critter, we got caught in flash flooding on Thursday and had to find alternate routes twice! It was scary how fast the water came up! Are the bees okay?

Friday was a play outside all day kind of day for the kids. I really think the school year is winding down for us. They will continue math, dd will continue writing, and reading is huge here, but other than that, I think everyone is ready for summer fun and relaxing. 

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 1:48 AM, serendipitous journey said:

You have a lot going on, don't you?  I couldn't find the right "smiley" to click, so I thought I'd just send you Happy Thoughts and hopes for a restful weekend with minimal evacuations & swellings.  I've just made my morning tea here ... if you had a cuppa, I'd propose a tea-toast to magical springs. 

I could so drink to magical springs right now! 😄

The bees are all safe! We got the last hive out on Friday morning. Now they are all safe and the river can flood those fields and make them extra rich for a good crop of something later this summer. I'm voting they put in some kind of clover for fat bees in the fall. River flooding isn't great, but at least there was time to get an evacuation done. 

• Like 2