Menu

FYI: Pathway Scholarship Program at AoPS Academies

From AoPS https://artofproblemsolving.com/news/updates/aops-update-news-about-the-pathway-scholarship-program-national-mathcounts-new-features-and-more

“Through support from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, our Pathway Scholarship Program will be in place at even more AoPS Academy campuses in the 2019–2020 school year. 

The Pathway Scholarship Program is our effort to help bring high-level math to a more diverse community of students. It’s a need-based, full-tuition scholarship for AoPS Academy math classes that starts in elementary school and runs through grade 8.

Know a student who lives near an Academy and might be a great fit? Applicants can contact us by filling out an admissions application for their local campus and noting that they’re applying for the STEM Pathway Scholarship. Applicants can also reach out to their local campus directly by phone or email with any questions they may have about the scholarship or the admissions process. ”

• Like 1

Ok, so the director emailed me back with the app. It is only one page, so nothing onerous. Just asks for your AGI, family size, and whether you qualify for free or reduced price lunch. You don't have to give any other personal financial info (though, they may ask you to submit your tax return, pay stubs, or W2s to verify). If my kids were in regular school, we would qualify for reduced price lunch (we own our own business, so our AGI is pretty low for our high COL area), so I let them know that. I submitted the app, but have no idea if we will be approved, but AoPS Academy is a significant part of our budget, so a scholarship would be amazing. Will keep you posted. I will definitely let other homeschoolers in our area know. You all know I have been whining about financial aid for awhile. THANK YOU RR!!!

40 minutes ago, SeaConquest said:

Ok, so the director emailed me back with the app. It is only one page, so nothing onerous. Just asks for your AGI, family size, and whether you qualify for free or reduced price lunch. You don't have to give any other personal financial info (though, they may ask you to submit your tax return, pay stubs, or W2s to verify). If my kids were in regular school, we would qualify for reduced price lunch (we own our own business, so our AGI is pretty low for our high COL area), so I let them know that. I submitted the app, but have no idea if we will be approved, but AoPS Academy is a significant part of our budget, so a scholarship would be amazing. Will keep you posted. I will definitely let other homeschoolers in our area know. You all know I have been whining about financial aid for awhile. THANK YOU RR!!!

Almost all of the questions about free school lunch are "would you qualify for", not "do you get." Here is a link to determine if one would qualify: https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/income-eligibility-guidelines