Menu

The good and the beautiful -Science

I debated using the language arts when it came out, but I thought it was sloppy.  Grade 2 and 3 had geography lessons inserted in the LA programs, and the first lesson in each grade was exactly the same: how Pangaea broke overnight 3000 years ago because of the tower of Babel.

Several of our friends use it and like it, and have gone all in for their programs.  It was not for us.  We ended up with a different LA program and our science is most definitely secular (next year we're using Janice VanCleave books).  I just couldn't look past the language arts to dive into their other offerings.

• Like 1

Nothing from The Good and The Beautiful is secular.  From their about page...

"... learning materials today are largely disconnected from God, nature, and high character—taking meaning, depth, and joy from learning. We want to change that!"

Whether or not you could use it secularly depends on how much editing and replacing you are willing to do and whether or not you want to support their cause with your money by purchasing their goods.