Menu

Bravewriter Write for Fun classes ??

Any experience with these? My 11 yo dd is asking for a creative writing class. We use Classical Composition with Memoria Press and she gets pretty creative with her paraphrases but she’d enjoy something a little more light and free I think 🙂

I am thinking of one or more of these three week sessions this summer.  We don’t usually do summer school but for this kid reading and creative writing doesn’t feel like school and we have no camps or vacations planned this summer so we will have plenty of down time. 

Just wondering if anyone has used these classes and has any thoughts. Thanks. 

While you are waiting on responses about Brave Writer's creative writing classes, here is another option that has been mentioned (positively) before on these boards: Writing Classes for Kids and Adults.

You might also see if your local library (or university) is running a summer kids camp with creative writing classes.

Also, here's an article with some good ideas about ways of supporting a child's interest in creative writing: 10 Ways Kids Can Learn Creative Writing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My DD started a Write for Fun class on Monday and is enjoying it.  The projects are fun and the instructor is very encouraging.  She gives feedback on everything, but so far has not given any editing or revising suggestions.  That might be because of these specific projects or it might be the way it is for the course--we'll see.  I do hope that she gives suggestions at some point.