Menu

Ok Gang: Best Place to Buy Easter Basket Stuff

Alicia64

I can't spend a fortune. I'm trying to smart.

I can easily get to Michael's, Kroger or Walmart. (I know that Michael's gives a homeschool discount.)

Which do you think is cheapest?

Or would you go somewhere else?

Thank you so much!!

Updating: I should have added that my babies just turned 16. But I can tell that they're still up for the fun of eggs, candy etc.

I took the lazy way: I was at Costco and saw a huge thing of jelly bellies (one boy's favorite) and a huge thing of M & Ms (other kid's favorite) and bought both.

Also, when they were four, I bought HUGE baskets at Good Will, spray painted them a chocolate color and added yellow ribbon. We use the same baskets every year.

I also bought clean grass.

And we have Easter!!

Thank you!!

Alley  p.s. adding that Michael's didn't have much at all.

Edited by Alicia64
Updating
  • Like 1

Walmart does seem to be pretty cheap. CVS or Walgreens usually seem to be good options, too, though be careful you don’t over-buy due to “two fer” deals. 

I can tell you Target seems to be about the worst for prices. 

• Like 1

It’s so variable what people can eat and like at different ages. To keep price lower, I spend weeks looking at sales.  This year the baskets for preteens will have a tie dye kit and shirt, and yarn that were bought on sale at Joann’s plus a teacher discount. Then they each have a choc rabbit and 1 pack of peeps. I bought those at Kroger today where candy was 20% off.

• Like 1

I do aldi, dollar tree, and Walmart. 

My parents started a tradition of giving us something useful as a container instead of a basket. Like a trash can for our room, or a baseball hat. We've continued the tradition and have gotten more and more loose with the definition of container. This year my girls are getting large papa's an-style folding chairs that look like animals. With candy in the seats. My SIL is doing a kiddie pool that her young children are sharing. 😊

• Like 1

I'm a "focused" Easter Bunny. 😉

I fill up a glass mason jar with the specific candy that the specific kid likes.
This year I put a little fake grass in the bottom.

I do the same for Valentine's Day.
Seriously, if money is tight, I would not be spending it on the "extras" . . . just their favorite candy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beth S said:

I'm a "focused" Easter Bunny. 😉

I fill up a glass mason jar with the specific candy that the specific kid likes.
This year I put a little fake grass in the bottom.

I do the same for Valentine's Day.
Seriously, if money is tight, I would not be spending it on the "extras" . . . just their favorite candy.

Focused bunny: funny! It's not that money is terribly tight -- I'm just trying to be a smarter shopper all around.

I should have added that my babies just turned 16. But I can tell that they're still up for the fun of eggs, candy etc.

I took the lazy way: I was at Costco and saw a huge thing of jelly bellies (one boys favorite) and a huge thing of M & Ms (other kid's favorite) and bought both.

Also, when they were four, I bought HUGE baskets at Good Will, spray painted them a chocolate color and added yellow ribbon. We use the same baskets every year.

I also bought clean grass.

And we have Easter!!

Thank you!!

Alley  p.s. adding that Michaels didn't have much at all.

• Like 1