Menu

Accountability Thread 3/24-3/30

Yuck, Happy! Nothing like starting Monday with a stomach bug. 

I'm just starting the day with a pair of whiny students. Having last week off spoiled them. But they'll get back into it. We have Latin, Algebra,  Pre-Geometry,  Literature, History and Science today. I have writing. I'm trying to get to a place where I can work on revisions and a new WIP at roughly the same pace. Don't know if I'll ever get there, though!

• Like 1

Good morning! Sorry your kiddos are sick, HSL! 

I had an important appointment early this morning and another errand after so I'm just now sitting down with my coffee and breakfast. 

The kids are motivated today because they want a new batch of library books. So they are done with breakfast, morning chores, and their backpacks and jackets are by the door! That never happens! 🤣 

We'll do schoolwork when I'm done with my breakfast and library and errands when dh gets home with the car. 

New Daily School Schedule For Super Busy House Buying/Moving Time Period:

1. Read alouds with mom or dad

2a. Ds: spelling lesson, writing lesson (only has a few more then he's done for the school year!), handwriting lesson

2b. Dd: grammar lesson or writing lesson, handwriting lesson

3. One full math lesson for each kid

4. 30 min of a science show or 30 min of a history show followed by library book basket on the same topic

5. Memory work in the car

6. Audio of Chronicles of Narnia 1 chapter either in the car or at a meal

• Like 1

She did calendar, weather, Bible story, devotional and math. 

I did some read alouds literature, history, music and visual arts.

Read Hanzel and Gretel than had her listen to some of the opera.

She made cardboard swords with Daddy.

Currently watching a nature show curled up with Daddy.

• Like 2

Morning. Algebra, Latin, Pre-Geometry, Literature, Science and History planned today. They've been carving that up in about three hours, but it's spring. All of us need to be outside. I may even haul my laptop outside for writing. I have a raised bed to clean out and fill with rotted chicken shavings today. After that, I'm going to put herbs in it for this year. Last year, I did peppers and tomatoes, but the bed really isn't big enough for more than traditional cooking herbs. So herbs it is.

• Like 1

She did calendar, weather and Bible story with me before Dad got up.

It's Daddy/Daughter Day!

They had breakfast together then off to storytime at the library. 

I don't know what else Daddy has in mind. Usually she wants to do science with him or/and art.

Maybe the park?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Well, DD8 threw up again in the middle of the night.  But she seems fine now.  DD10 did not throw up, but now she's complaining of a terrible headache.  And I need to get to the bank early this morning, they open at 9.  

So we will be doing work today, but I am not sure what.  Probably going to be skipping spelling, and daily math, but probably doing some daily grammar, phonics, for sure going to be reading quite a bit.  

Ok, I gotta go get the deposit slips written up.  

Sounds like a good day for back-to-back documentaries.

• Like 1

DH is working overtime today.

DD6 lost her first tooth last night after A LOT of drama. Daddy was able to get it out without her noticing, he tricked her into wearing a string around her tooth to make sure she wouldn't loose the tooth in her sleep and when she wasn't paying attention he pulled it out. The tooth was soooooo ready to come out.

School today is Bible story, memory verse, calendar, weather, phonics, read to me, I read to her, math and cursive writing practice. 

• Like 2

Morning. Today's schedule is the usual for the boys. I'm writing and looking over a bunch of revision stuff to think about and complete over the next week or so. Want to get this manuscript turned around quickly if I can, but there's a couple of things that need fixing yet.

• Like 1

Today is day 3 of the new school schedule and so far the new schedule is working well. I do the read alouds, of course, and I have to teach the 2 math lessons. Other than that, the kids are petty independent with the rest and come find me when they need me to answer a question or look over their work. Which is freeing me up to declutter, shampoo carpets, pack, and many other things that need attention right now. 

Edited by MrsRobinson

Yesterday was school work, lots of house decluttering, packing, and organizing.

Today is a long medical day. Kids are with their bffs (and bffs mom!) and having tons of fun. 

When we get home, its family movie night. I'll have to sit with stacks of books, books, books, and pack, pack, pack while we watch the movie.