Menu

Looking for Grammar/LA that's like Teaching Textbooks...

Jenn in CA

2 hours ago, Jenn in CA said:

My 5th graders are doing great w/TT for math. They use the paper books. I'd like a similar format for Grammar/LA.

* Each day's work is clear-cut and the same format each day

* Spiral review

* Uncluttered pages & sticks to basics

Any suggestions? Thanks!

So, you're only wanting grammar? Then Easy Grammar. They could do EG 5 or 6, Daily Grams the following year as review, and finally, Easy Grammar Plus. They shouldn't have to study grammar again. 🙂

Thanks everyone, these are all very helpful! I've been doing CM style for so long I forgot about workbooks. 🙂 Now to figure out which is the best fit.

I like the idea of Hake as it has grammar and writing. The sample looked intimidating though, for where my girls are.... a lot of big words. 🙂 and not friendly like TT.

It sounds like Easy Grammar has grammar, usage and mechanics and really we need all of those. 

@OKBud or anyone else, are Evan Moore workbooks thorough or more supplementary?

LLATL would be great if it didn't have a teacher component, I'd really like them to be independent.

Edited by Jenn in CA

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jenn in CA said:

@OKBud or anyone else, are Evan Moore workbooks thorough or more supplementary?

Evan Moor has homeschool bundles that you could check out to see what they recommend. It would take a couple of publications to equal a well rounded curriculum.  We subscribe to their online library called teacherfilebox because we use history pockets, daily activities, never bored kids books, high frequency words and everyday literacy activities plus seasonal and unit study activities especially to follow up a documentary or interest for kinder and 3rd grade.  They do have interactive lessons for some subjects and they have a very thorough sample to review as well as a trial membership to their digital library.